Thursday, December 11, 2014

Blog Topic #15



My student from Blog Topic #5 that I wanted to focus on showed the biggest growth over semester. She went from 4-0 on providing interpretations without evidence. She also became really good at providing evidence during actual discussions as well. The biggest changes in another student were the increase in her use of conditional language and number of multiple possibilities. Those two students showed the biggest changes while the other two didn’t really show that much of a change.
For the post assessment we didn’t have as much writing time because one of my group members had to leave early. Despite them have less writing time than the first assessment, they still provided detailed interpretations and almost always with evidence. They became use to the VTS process so they knew what was expected of them.
I could still use some more experience facilitating VTS discussions but I will say that I am not uncomfortable facilitating discussions like I was at first. I understand the process, and I generally do not have a problem asking the 3 questions or gesturing while the speaker is talking. My paraphrasing still needs some work but I think I have improved a lot over the semester. I’ve gotten better at focusing my attention on the speaker in order to remember what they say and paraphrase the best I can. That was my biggest struggle this semester but it’s something that I really worked hard to improve on, and I think my paraphrasing has gotten better because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment